Friday, February 19, 2010

Back In The Saddle

Over the last few months my postings have become non-existent, there are reasons - not excuses, why this is. I have at least three posts I never published and have deleted because they were so full of anger - I thought better of posting them and in the long run, that is the wisest choice I could have made.

This season has been a long and arduous journey. I always told my teams that a bit of adversity is good for the soul - I have learned that the hard way this season.

Enough about the past - on to the future.

Several things have happened in the last few weeks so I'll just restrict myself to short vignette form (unless I decide to change the format half way through... my blog - my rules.)

The last couple of weeks have been very pleasant and something that I miss a great deal. Whether by plan or by accident, my favourite times are when I see a player, parent or family from my past teams.

I could run into them in an arena (a LOT) or anywhere in the city or beyond. This has happened several times over the last few weeks.

Priceless Pleasures (to me)
Taking the time to sit down to a meal with people who are every bit a part of my life and extended family. The time spent is the greatest pleasure I can get - anytime...

Running into people and having the time to speak to them... Brilliant.

Whether it is by chance or design - the time spent is so important and valuable to me. The connection, the bond we have - always will have is something that is forged in sport and continues for a lifetime... if you want it.

Seeing young people grow up and reach the potential you always knew they had. Fantastic.

Watching a former player's face light up when you happen to see them. The genuine open exchange of stories and experiences - the time really does fly by. Having them bubble over with excitement and feel the passion in what they are working towards, makes me proud to be the one listening.

Lastly:

It has come to my attention this week that a former player of mine has become a mother. That can make anyone feel old. Congratulations and best wishes to all.

One little snippet of advice: We are entering the silly season again - think of others first and be compassionate when explaining the circumstances of the process. It can make all the difference.

Leaving now...
The future of our sport is as bright as it has ever been. There is an abundance of skill in both the male and female game to keep us in the spot as THE Hockey power for many years to come.

Be proud of who you are and never lose sight of what you can become - the future is always bright and within your control.

Later.

No comments: